By the time she finally called me, I could hear the guilt in her voice. They had waited and waited to find the right moment. Something always got in the way. The kids had some school event or sports activity. She and her husband wanted to lose a little weight. One of her children was going through an “awkward teeth” phase. (For the record, I absolutely love the visual time machine aspect of “awkward teeth”!) Scheduling was always a challenge. Before they knew it, the kids were just SO MUCH older. She felt like some of the important moments in her family’s life had been missed, photographically.
Have you ever heard that proverb: “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now”.
You know when the best time is to make portraits? Now.
Here are my top 7 reasons to have your portraits made during the summer:
2. People often feel more “photo-ready” in the summer. We’re outdoors, getting some sunshine and are usually more active than during the holidays.
3. Your stress level will be dramatically reduced when your holiday gift giving and holiday cards are completed before the rush sets in. And, when you and your family members find yourselves in relaxed summer mode during the session, your holiday portrait gifts and cards will show it!4. Family and senior portrait photographers (like me) have far more availability in the summer than during the fall, so getting the session time slot you want is a lot easier.
5. If you prefer outdoor portraits, Flagstaff just happens to be amazing in the summer because once the summer monsoons start, things get green and the flowers bloom. It’s truly beautiful outside.
6. If you are in need of an indoor session, our comfy photo studio has air conditioning and delicious, chilled beverages in the fridge!
7. Senior portrait deadlines are headed your way. Did you know that depending on what school your student attends, the deadline for portraits to make it into the high school yearbook can be as early as October 1st? Waiting until the busy fall means you risk not having your senior included.How long has it been since your last real family portrait? Families change fast, and it’s a great feeling to know you’ve captured these precious days together. So put something on the calendar. You are going to feel so smart!
Kristen Dacey Iwai of KDI Photography is a full-time professional portrait photographer based in Flagstaff, Arizona with more than 2 decades of experience. Making portraits of families, pregnancy, newborns, babies, children, high school seniors and for businesses in her downtown studio and on location, she serves clients from Flagstaff, Sedona, Tuba City, Winslow, Payson, Page, Williams, Prescott, Mesa, Scottsdale, Phoenix, Arizona. Please visit KDI Photography’s website.
Flagstaff Family Portrait Photographer • Flagstaff Maternity Pregnancy Photographer • Flagstaff Newborn Photographer • Flagstaff Child Photographer • Flagstaff Senior Portrait Photographer • Flagstaff Commercial Photography